CHICAGO, Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Relive childhood memories and enjoy a holiday getaway like no other at a striking Chicago hotel, Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile. Made of more than 1,400 pounds of gingerbread and 600 pounds of candy and sugar, the "Dreaming of Gingerbread" display will dazzle guests and inspire the holiday spirit.
Opening Nov. 16 in the hotel lobby, the display is the work of 10 people in the hotel's pastry kitchen and more than 25 others, including two electricians, one carpenter, one engineer and volunteers from the hotel and the French Pastry School.
Other facts about this holiday wonder:
- More than 10 gallons of molasses and 15 pounds of ginger make up the dough.
- The castle is built to last, so guests should refrain from tasting, as tempting as it may be.
- A holiday train will circle the castle approximately 100,000 times.
- Eight holiday mice full of antics will be scurrying around the display.
- The tallest tree measures 19 feet tall.
- The names of everyone who contributed are scattered throughout the display.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV