ROCHESTER, N.Y., Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Document Security Systems, Inc. (NYSE MKT: DSS) announced today that President and Chief Operating Officer Robert B. Bzdick will assume the role of acting CEO of the company, effective December 1, 2012.
Current DSS CEO Patrick White will step down and become a consultant to the company. "I want to acknowledge the many years of dedication and leadership of our retiring CEO, Pat White," says DSS Board Chairman Robert Fagenson. "With all the changes that DSS is undergoing, both Pat and the board decided this was the logical time for him to step away from day to day management duties and assume an advisory role. We thank him for making a seamless transition and for his support of Bob Bzdick as he assumes the leadership responsibilities of our operating divisions in preparation for our planned merger with the Lexington Technology Group."
Bzdick joined DSS in 2010 when the company acquired Premier Packaging Corp., where he served as CEO and acted as president and COO since founding the company in 1989. Bzdick would serve as acting CEO until the completion of DSS's pending merger with Lexington Technology Group, Inc., expected in the first half of 2013."I'm excited by this opportunity and anticipate great success in the new direction DSS is taking," Bzdick says. "I look forward to working with our merger partners at Lexington Technology Group as we combine and leverage our portfolios of intellectual property, and not only developing, but monetizing these assets." Relying on nearly three decades' experience in manufacturing operations management, Bzdick has effectively integrated and strengthened DSS's four operating divisions over the past two years, and enabled the company to better serve its customer base of Fortune 1000 companies. His considerable operations experience makes him uniquely able to manage the rollout of DSS's next generation of products.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV