At its IMPACT 2012 conference today, Bernie Clark, executive vice president and head of Schwab Advisor Services announced the development and enhancement of two separate state-of-the-art learning facilities at UC Irvine and Texas Tech, which offer students the ability to receive high-quality training and educational tools in the areas of investment and wealth management. The development of these hands-on learning environments at both universities was made possible by Charles Schwab and the Charles Schwab Foundation through contributions of resources, technology and funds to build a new facility and enhance an existing one.
“We are honored to have the opportunity to help support such widely respected academic institutions as UCI and Texas Tech, with whom we share the vision and goal of cultivating innovative and highly-skilled future business leaders,” said Bernie Clark. “We look forward to taking new steps to help further their work and to support those who are seeking to enter the financial services industry with the skills and know-how necessary to hit the ground running.”
At UCI, plans are in place within the university’s Paul Merage School of Business to create the Charles Schwab Trading and Technology Lab, a new, dynamic trading floor and technology facility. Scheduled to break ground in 2013, this new facility will mimic the environment and layout found at a securities-trading floor and allow students to access the latest financial market data, along with real-world tools and technology such as interactive trade stations featuring Bloomberg, Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Thomson/Reuters, Matlab, Factset, eSignal, TV monitors streaming global financial news and tickertape.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV