Coldwell Banker Previews International® Announces The Sale Of An Historic Wallace Neff Masterpiece Estate Once Owned By Madonna, Diane Keaton & Harry Cohn For $16.5 Million
LOS ANGELES, Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- A rare historic estate designed by renowned architect Wallace Neff and once owned by some of the biggest names in Hollywood was successfully sold for $16.5 million by Coldwell Banker Previews International agent Jade Mills.
This authentic Spanish Colonial revival property on North Roxbury Drive in Beverly Hills, was the home of several entertainment industry legends, including Diane Keaton, Madonna, and the founder of Columbia Pictures Harry Cohn.
This trophy estate was built in 1926 when Harry Cohn had just recently founded industry powerhouse Columbia Pictures. Mr. Cohn brought in leading ladies and men ranging from Clark Gable to Katherine Hepburn, Jimmy Stewart, Rita Hayworth, Mae West, Humphrey Bogart, and Joan Crawford to star in his films. One of Mr. Cohn's first major films was " It Happened One Night" which starred Clark Gable. It became the first film in history to sweep the Academy Awards winning all 5 major categories.
The completely private compound includes two guesthouses and formal gardens, all hidden from view behind stately wrought iron gates. The residence was recently totally renovated and now includes a generous master suite, overlooking the front garden and perched above the lush grounds of the back gardens. An outdoor fireplace, dining area, swimmer's pool, and rose garden grace the grounds.The grounds of the storied estate span to over a half acre, while the residence offers 9,142 square feet with approvals in place for an additional guest house. The main residence features 7 bedrooms and 8 baths.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV