The Michael J. Fox Foundation Announces Fourth Quarter Participants In Partnering Program Between Awardees And Industry
NEW YORK, Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Michael J. Fox Foundation (MJFF) has announced fourth-quarter 2012 participants in its Partnering Program. Selected from the most promising research projects in the MJFF portfolio, Partnering Program participants' research projects are presented directly to industry groups who may wish to invest in further development of the project. By connecting industry leaders with those projects ripe for investment, the Foundation aims to drive forward promising projects in PD research through the pipeline of drug development, and eventually into patients' hands.
Non-confidential overviews of select MJFF-funded projects are shared with industry contacts and more broadly via MJFF's Web site on a quarterly basis.
MJFF-supported projects featured in Q4 include:
- SynAgile is developing DopaFuse, a levodopa prodrug which is continuously, subcutaneously infused using a simple insulin infusion pump. It is designed to reduce motor fluctuations in people with PD.
- Durin Technologies has completed work to determine if using specific autoantibodies as diagnostic biomarkers for full-blown Parkinson's could also be used for early detection of PD.
- Sapiens is working on technology to more accurately stimulate intended therapeutic brain structures in Deep Brain Stimulation, toward improving therapeutic outcomes and reducing side effects for Parkinson's patients.
Overviews from awardees PsychoGenics and Gliacor Therapeutics were showcased in Q3 2012.To date, the Foundation has funded over $304 million in research, over $81 million of which has been directed to more than 170 unique projects led by industry partners. To view the Q4 2012 participants, and all MJFF awardees featured via the Partnering Program thus far, visit the Partnering Program page at https://www.michaeljfox.org/research/opportunities-for-industry/partnering-program.html. To find out more, please contact the MJFF Research Partnerships team at ResearchPartnerships@michaeljfox.org. SOURCE The Michael J. Fox Foundation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV