Storage Software Startup Peaxy Emerges From Stealth Mode
SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Based on a $2.5 million seed round, Peaxy Inc., a software-based data storage and management startup, has begun Series A discussions with a select group of accredited investors. Notable technologist and Silicon Valley visionary, Federico Faggin, is among the top investors and serves as chairman of the board.
"Peaxy's flexible architecture delivers greater operational efficiency to create a powerful total-cost-of-ownership equation. Our all-software HyperfilerTM is hardware-agnostic and simplifies storage and management of data, ranging from single-terabyte to multi-petabyte," said CEO Manuel Terranova, a former senior vice president at General Electric.
Peaxy has assembled a world-class 15-member team with deep-domain expertise in large-scale file systems and product commercialization. An early version of the technology is being evaluated by a select group of Fortune-100 companies. The product is planned for release late 2013. It targets mid-tier and enterprise-class customers, as well as external cloud providers.
SOURCE Peaxy Inc
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV