DFW International Airport Ready To Serve An Expected Increase Of Nearly 4-Percent In Number Of Thanksgiving Travelers For 2012
New vehicle waiting area opens outside Terminal E to make picking up loved ones more convenient this holiday season
DFW AIRPORT, Texas, Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- DFW International Airport is expecting more than two million travelers will pass through the Airport during the upcoming eleven-day Thanksgiving holiday travel period. The passengers anticipated number nearly 100,000 more than last year's holiday travelers during the same period, an increase of 3.6 percent.
Given the anticipated uptick in travelers making their way to and from DFW Airport along with construction on the north side of the Airport and in some of the terminals, travelers are urged to arrive at DFW Airport at least two and a half hours before their flight. The Thanksgiving travel period, from November 16 through November 26, will see its busiest air travel days on the Sunday and Monday following Thanksgiving with more than 184,000 travelers each day. The busiest day before the holiday is expected to be Friday November 16, with 179,000 travelers expected at DFW Airport.
"We continue to see travelers coming back in greater numbers, which is a testament to the outstanding customer experience DFW provides and a terrific sign for our region's economic outlook," said Jeff Fegan, CEO of DFW Airport. " DFW Airport has seen its largest growth ever in the way of air service over the last 24 months, including new non-stop flights to 13 international and 13 additional U.S. destinations, so we are well-positioned to continue building on that success."
Just in time for the holiday season, DFW Airport is opening up a new Passenger Pickup Waiting Area in Terminal E. The Waiting Area is designed to reduce congestion on the upper level roadway of Terminal E, where construction has taken away almost half of the curbside passenger pickup space. Permanent and temporary signs will direct drivers to the waiting area, conveniently located on the infield parking section of Terminal E, a two-minute drive from most curbside pickup locations. Motorists can wait there until their awaited passenger arrives curbside, since there will be no idling allowed at terminal curbsides during the holiday season due to heavy volume at DFW Airport overall.DFW Airport is also opening 1100 newly-added parking spaces in the Express North Parking lot, starting on Thanksgiving Day. These additional spaces provide covered parking for DFW travelers at reduced rates, complete with fast and convenient shuttle service to the terminals, including pickup and drop-off at your vehicle, a free bottle of water and a newspaper. DFW Airport is also encouraging travelers to do their part to expedite travel to and from the Airport, given the ongoing construction related to the DFW Connector project on the north end of the Airport as well as ongoing renovations inside the Airport. Some of the ways to do that include:
- An active TollTag account to speed up Airport entrances and exits, and earn some discounted parking and drive-through rates
- The Global Entry program available from U.S. Customs and Border Protection expedites the Customs arrival process for international travelers
- Members of Global Entry or American Airlines frequent fliers can take part in the TSA PreCheck program, which can speed your trip through checkpoints A35, C30 or D30
- Delta and Alaska Airlines passengers can also use TSA PreCheck at Checkpoint E8
- Passengers of any airline in Terminal E can opt to join the CLEAR program, which can expedite passage through the E8 checkpoint
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV