EAST GREENBUSH, N.Y., Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The November 7 " Wind Energy Technology" online trade show and event hosted by GlobalSpec, recently acquired by IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), drew more than 1,300 participants, with 70 percent of attendees reporting they are decision makers within their organizations. The free virtual conference is now available on demand to give engineers and industrial professionals easy access to educational presentations and industry-leading supplier resources from the live-day event.
GlobalSpec's "Wind Energy Technology" event provided opportunities to explore the latest developments in utility-scale and smaller wind turbine and generator technologies; learn of developments in control system design, data acquisition and field measurements; and examine new approaches for energy storage, distribution, wind farm siting, and construction. Attendees were able to interact with exhibitors, network with their peers, and participate in key educational sessions to help them keep pace in today's fast-changing wind energy marketplace.
Industrial professionals were able to take advantage of these learning and networking opportunities from the convenience of their desktops, without having to budget for travel expenses or lose time away from the office."Industrial professionals who attended our Wind Energy Technology online event heard from experts on the latest developments in today's wind energy industry and interacted with their peers and leading suppliers," said Donna Lewis, vice president of e-publishing and e-events for GlobalSpec. "GlobalSpec online trade shows and events are also powerful forums for manufacturers and suppliers to showcase their products and innovative technologies to a captive and engaged audience." Speakers and topics at the event included:
- Reduce Wind Turbine Downtime and Prevent Catastrophic Damage from Arc Flash This presentation focused on the key considerations for wind turbine designers and engineers in selecting, designing, and installing arc flash protection to mitigate catastrophic damage in wind power applications. Presented by Jakob Seedorff, technical director, Littelfuse Selco
- O&M Competition Heats Up as US Wind Fleet Ages This presentation provided an overview of the competitive landscape for U.S. Wind O&M markets, assessing the timing and scale of the opportunity and the most successful emerging business models. Presented by Matt DaPrato, senior research analyst, IHS; Andy Lubershane, research analyst, IHS; and Matt Kaplan, associate director, IHS
- Improving Reliability and Reducing Failures in Wind Turbines through Cooling and Filtration This presentation featured two ground-breaking products from Parker's broad array of solutions designed specifically to improve the reliability and performance of wind turbines. First, a next-generation thermal management system for wind turbine power systems, and second, a modular, multi-function gearbox filtration system that features a variety of advanced fluid monitoring and conditioning capabilities. Presented by Rich Nagel, global business development manager, Parker Hannifin - Renewable Energy Solutions
- One Piece Wind Turbine Blades As wind turbine blades get longer and longer, reduction in weight has become a key focus for designers and manufacturers. Elimination of adhesive lines and fillers produces a superior quality blade that can result in more than a 10% reduction in weight. This presentation described technologies that allow a blade to be molded in one piece. Presented by P.J. Feerick, managing director, EireComposites Teo
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts