In honor of America Recycles Day, celebrated annually on Nov. 15, Cintas Corporation (Nasdaq: CTAS) today announced it shredded and recycled one million pounds of paper collected during Navy Federal October “SHRED-eral” events held on Oct. 13 and National Foundation for Credit Counseling (NFCC) Protect Your Identity Week (PYIW) events held Oct. 20-27. The overall total resulted in more than 12,000 trees being saved.
“Shredding documents is a critical step consumers should take to protect their confidential information, but it is also a great way to reduce our environmental impact,” said Jamie Samide, Senior Marketing Director of Cintas Document Management. “Recycling paper saves water, reduces greenhouse gas emissions and uses approximately 25 percent less energy than manufacturing paper from trees.”
PYIW and Navy Federal participants around the country brought sensitive documents to local events, which were shredded using the Cintas SmartShred™ process. With this system, paper is collected and securely destroyed using one of Cintas’ mobile shredding trucks. Once shredded, the paper is delivered to a paper mill where the shredded paper is turned into pulp and manufactured into secondary paper products.
The total savings from these events, according to Environmental Paper Network’s calculator, included:
- 10,888 million British Thermal Units (BTUs) – enough energy to power approximately 120 homes per year
- 1.76 million pounds of carbon dioxide – the equivalent to what 160 cars emit per year
- 5.8 million gallons of water – enough water to fill about nine Olympic-sized swimming pools
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV