GAIM USA 2013 To Examine Hedge Fund Regulation Under Second Obama Term
BOCA RATON, Fla., Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Will the second Obama administration mean good times or bad for the hedge fund industry in 2013? How will investors be impacted? Will regulation move the markets? Will the JOBS Act be fully implemented? What next for Dodd-Frank? What changes are coming at the SEC? The Fed?
These are just some of the issues that will be discussed and dissected at the first full-on hedge fund regulatory debate of the new Presidential term at GAIM USA 2013, January 21-24, at the Boca Raton Resort & Club, FL.
GAIM 2013 also announced today that Paul Atkins, Commissioner of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission from 2002 to 2008, will join the "Debate on Regulation" panel on January 23, 2013, two days after the U.S. Presidential inauguration. Mr. Atkins, Chief Executive of Patomak Global Partners, joins these previously announced panelists:
- H. David Kotz - Director at Berkeley Research Group and Inspector General of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission from 2007 to 2012
- Mark A. Calabria - Director of Financial Regulation Studies at the Cato Institute and a member of the senior professional staff of the U. S. Senate Committee on Banking, Housing and Urban Affairs
- Panel Moderator, Charles Millard - Managing Director, Head of Pension Relations at Citi
"This promises to be an interesting session about an extremely important topic," said Mr. Millard. "With the caliber of participants in this panel, we should be in store for a lively debate and discussion.""With Dodd-Frank extending disclosure regulation to large hedge funds, the SEC's new focus on financial stability could well result in a host of safety and soundness rules that go well beyond its traditional disclosure based regime," said Mr. Calabria. "The increased emphasis on mandated disclosure could very well back-fire; pushing fund managers toward the short term bias that infects all too many publicly traded companies."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV