NEW YORK and LOUISVILLE, Ky., Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Reader's Digest Association, Inc. (RDA), parent company of Reader's Digest – one of America's best known and trusted brands – and Humana Inc. (NYSE: HUM), one of the nation's leading health and well-being companies, have extended their alliance to help enhance the health and well-being of seniors.
Under the agreement, the companies will continue providing a suite of co-branded Medicare Advantage plans for the 2013 Medicare plan year. RDA and Humana have also created a new set of valuable educational tools to help members of their co-branded Humana - Reader's Digest Medicare Advantage plans stay healthy and well. These resources demonstrate the value of education in understanding how prevention and access to health information can positively influence people's well-being.
"We are excited to continue our partnership with Humana by creating better health and wellness options for Medicare-eligible beneficiaries," said Robert E. Guth, President and CEO of The Reader's Digest Association, Inc. "Our offering is unique in the Medicare market, providing the Medicare services that consumers need, along with expert health and wellness publications from the editors of Reader's Digest."
Co-branded Medicare Advantage plan members will also receive exclusive healthy living products with insights into steps they can take to help prevent potential chronic conditions. In addition, those members will also receive the latest medical findings, informed by the national Humana - Reader's Digest Healthy Habits survey results, which found seniors significantly lagging younger consumers in committing to exercise and healthy eating, as well as their resilience to stress.The suite of Humana - Reader's Digest Healthy Living Medicare Advantage plans well-being benefits include:
- Healthy Living Kit: A complete package of health and wellness tools to help monitor and improve people's medical care and health habits
- Healthy Living Bulletins: Mailed to members four times a year, the bulletin features 96 pages of up-to-date medical findings on key topics such as preventing disease, physical fitness and creating a healthy home.
- No More Brain Drain , the Reader's Digest health book, which outlines a program to help maintain and strengthen cognitive function
- A 20 percent discount on hundreds of products available at the Reader's Digest online store at RDStore.com – including health and wellness books, music, videos and magazines.
- Hospital stays
- Free preventative services such as mammograms and colorectal cancer screenings
- Doctor's office visits including annual routine physical exams
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV