PANAMA CITY, Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing (NYSE: BA) and Avianca Airlines, Colombia's flagship airline, today announced an order for three 787 Dreamliners. The order was previously attributed to an unidentified customer on Boeing's Orders & Deliveries website and is valued at approximately $620 million at published list prices.
Today's order brings Avianca's total 787 order count to 15 Dreamliners, which includes the 12 787s ordered in 2007. The total order value stands at more than $3.1 billion.
"Adding more 787s to our order aligns well with our expansion and service improvement plans for the airline," said Fabio Villegas, CEO of Avianca Airlines. "The range and efficiency of the airplane make it a great fit into our overall fleet plans and interior of the airplane will bring a unique flying experience to our passengers that only Avianca can provide."
"Avianca is one of the region's leading airlines and we are happy we can play such a pivotal part of their future growth plans," said Van Rex Gallard, vice president of Sales for Latin America, Caribbean, & Africa, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "The Latin American market continues to show signs of growth and prosperity. The 787's unmatched operating economics and passenger appeal will help Avianca continue to position itself as a preferred airline and grow its market share in the region."Made primarily from composite materials, the Boeing 787 Dreamliner is the first mid-size airplane capable of flying long-range routes. As a result of innovative technologies, the airplane offers unparalleled operating economics, fuel efficiency and passenger comfort. The 787 Dreamliner has received more than 800 orders from 58 customers since the launch of the program.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV