1. As of noon trading, Eaton ( ETN) is down $0.26 (-0.5%) to $48.19 on average volume Thus far, 1.5 million shares of Eaton exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $48.18-$49.00 after having opened the day at $48.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.45. Eaton Corporation operates as a diversified power management company worldwide. Eaton has a market cap of $16.7 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.0, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 11.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Eaton a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Eaton as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Eaton Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the industrial industry could consider SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ( DIA) while those bearish on the industrial industry could consider ProShares UltraShort Industrials ( SIJ). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts