3. As of noon trading, Illinois Tool Works ( ITW) is down $0.46 (-0.8%) to $59.09 on average volume Thus far, 1.2 million shares of Illinois Tool Works exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $59.05-$59.93 after having opened the day at $59.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $59.55. Illinois Tool Works Inc. manufactures various industrial products and equipment worldwide. Illinois Tool Works has a market cap of $28.2 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.8, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 27.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Illinois Tool Works a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Illinois Tool Works as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Get the full Illinois Tool Works Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts