2. As of noon trading, Anadarko Petroleum ( APC) is up $0.60 (0.9%) to $69.93 on average volume Thus far, 1.7 million shares of Anadarko Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $69.41-$71.00 after having opened the day at $69.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $69.33. Anadarko Petroleum Corporation engages in the exploration, development, production, and marketing of natural gas, crude oil, condensate, and natural gas liquids(NGLs) in the United States, Algeria, and internationally. Anadarko Petroleum has a market cap of $35.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 19.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 9.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 21 analysts that rate Anadarko Petroleum a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Anadarko Petroleum as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a generally disappointing performance in the past year. Get the full Anadarko Petroleum Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts