4. As of noon trading, Marathon Oil ( MRO) is up $0.29 (1.0%) to $30.34 on average volume Thus far, 4.2 million shares of Marathon Oil exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $29.96-$30.73 after having opened the day at $30.02 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.05. Marathon Oil Corporation operates as an energy company worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Exploration and Production, Oil Sands Mining, and Integrated Gas. Marathon Oil has a market cap of $21.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 11.8, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Marathon Oil a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Marathon Oil as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year and attractive valuation levels. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and weak operating cash flow. Get the full Marathon Oil Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts