3. As of noon trading, Varian Medical Systems ( VAR) is down $0.49 (-0.7%) to $67.26 on light volume Thus far, 236,770 shares of Varian Medical Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $67.25-$68.20 after having opened the day at $67.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $67.75. Varian Medical Systems, Inc. designs, manufactures, sells, and services equipment and software products for treating cancer with radiotherapy, stereotactic radiotherapy, stereotactic body radiotherapy, stereotactic radiosurgery, and brachytherapy worldwide. Varian Medical Systems has a market cap of $7.6 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.2, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 1.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Varian Medical Systems a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Varian Medical Systems as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Get the full Varian Medical Systems Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts