4. As of noon trading, Life Technologies ( LIFE) is down $0.43 (-0.9%) to $45.99 on light volume Thus far, 216,031 shares of Life Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $45.67-$46.47 after having opened the day at $46.36 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.42. Life Technologies Corporation operates as a global life sciences company. Life Technologies has a market cap of $8.1 billion and is part of the health care sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 20.5, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 20.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Life Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Life Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Life Technologies Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts