1. As of noon trading, Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras ( PBR.A) is down $0.29 (-1.5%) to $18.73 on light volume Thus far, 2.1 million shares of Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $18.67-$19.10 after having opened the day at $18.89 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.02. Petroleo Brasileiro S.A. primarily engages in oil and natural gas exploration and production, refining, trade, and transportation businesses. Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras has a market cap of $127.6 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.1, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 16.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. TheStreet Ratings rates Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself. Get the full Petroleo Brasileiro SA Petrobras Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the energy industry could consider Energy Select Sector SPDR ( XLE) while those bearish on the energy industry could consider Proshares Short Oil & Gas ( DDG). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts