4. As of noon trading, Kinder Morgan Energy Partners ( KMP) is down $2.07 (-2.7%) to $75.39 on heavy volume Thus far, 1.3 million shares of Kinder Morgan Energy Partners exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 527,800 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $75.33-$77.12 after having opened the day at $76.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.46. Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P. operates as a pipeline transportation and energy storage company in North America. Kinder Morgan Energy Partners has a market cap of $19.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 39.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 8.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Kinder Morgan Energy Partners a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Kinder Morgan Energy Partners as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Get the full Kinder Morgan Energy Partners Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts