1. As of noon trading, VMWare ( VMW) is down $0.66 (-0.8%) to $84.20 on light volume Thus far, 606,585 shares of VMWare exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $83.72-$85.25 after having opened the day at $85.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $84.86. VMware, Inc. provides virtualization and virtualization-based cloud infrastructure solutions in the United States and internationally. VMWare has a market cap of $11.1 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 50.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 2.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate VMWare a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates VMWare as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full VMWare Ratings Report now. If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the computer software & services industry could consider iShares S&P NA Tech Software Idx ( IGV) while those bearish on the computer software & services industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Technology ( REW). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts