The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) named DISH’s AutoHop™ commercial-skipping feature an International Consumer Electronics Show (CES) Innovations 2013 Design and Engineering Award Honoree. AutoHop is available on the satellite-TV provider’s Hopper™ Whole Home HD DVR.
DISH received the award as CEA hosted the annual CES Unveiled conference in Manhattan. Products entered in this program are judged by a panel of independent designers, engineers and members of the media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting-edge consumer electronics products across 29 product categories.
“The Hopper has been recognized in multiple reviews as the best DVR, and we thank the Consumer Electronics Association for recognizing the receiver’s AutoHop feature as a leading innovation,” said Vivek Khemka, vice president of Product Management at DISH. “The entire Hopper system gives customers more choice and control over the TV that they watch. AutoHop is just one of the exciting features we offer on Hopper and is an extension of what consumers already do - skip commercials on shows they record.”
The Innovations Design and Engineering Awards are sponsored by the CEA, the producer of the International CES, the world’s largest consumer technology tradeshow. The CEA has been recognizing achievements in product design and engineering since 1976.The Innovations entries are judged based on the following criteria:
- Engineering qualities, based on technical specs and materials used
- Aesthetic and design qualities, using photos provided
- The product’s intended use/function and user value
- Unique/novel features that consumers would find attractive
- How the design and innovation of the product compares to other products in the marketplace
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts