3. As of noon trading, Total ( TOT) is up $0.30 (0.6%) to $47.82 on average volume Thus far, 1.3 million shares of Total exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $47.79-$48.23 after having opened the day at $47.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $47.51. TOTAL S.A., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an integrated oil and gas company worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Upstream, Downstream, and Chemicals. Total has a market cap of $107.6 billion and is part of the energy industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 7.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 6.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Total a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Total as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, attractive valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself. Get the full Total Ratings Report now.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts