Minnesota's Jobless Rate Unchanged For October
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) â¿¿ Minnesota's unemployment rate held steady last month even as the state lost 8,100 jobs.
The state Department of Employment and Economic Development said Thursday that October's seasonally adjusted jobless rate remained at 5.8 percent, well below the national unemployment rate of 7.9 percent.
The job losses were concentrated in professional and business services, government and the hospitality industry, while construction jobs were gained. Of the jobs lost, 5,600 were in the private sector and 2,500 were in government.
The state has gained a net of almost 35,000 jobs in the past year, with the biggest gains in education and health services, business services and construction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV