So you sound like you're fifty-fifty. You're not sure they're going to get a deal.
Cramer: Yeah, fifty-fifty is right. I mean I'm very concerned, because when you have people blindsided by new tax increases, I think that they're going to pull in their horns, and this is very draconian; draconian for the defense companies, too, so I come back and say it's wishful thinking if you think this is going to be solved and solved in a way that isn't painful for the consumer.
I don't want people to misinterpret me. What I'm saying is that the market is going to go down until we get a deal, or trade sideways, and I posed that on Real Money this morning, would Cisco (CSCO), have a pin-action effect, and I said well, one, Cisco is trying to destroy everybody, but two, no more than Home Depot did.
We were up when Home Depot reported, and then people got worried about the fiscal cliff and we were up when Cisco reported and people were worried about the fiscal cliff, and the fiscal cliff is...when I looked at the USA Today story and it had all those new tax rates, it was one of those...you were just...it was a very thorough story, and it makes me very concerned that people don't realize how draconian and dramatic this is going to be.All right, well, hopefully they'll listen to me and get a deal done. Cramer: I sure hope so. I know you want one done. Cramer: I sure hope so. -- Written by Debra Borchardt in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Debra Borchardt. Follow @WallandBroad
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV