SHRM-Globoforce Survey: Corporate Culture Impacted By Employee Recognition Programs
"Employee recognition programs are especially powerful when the design allows managers and employees to report successes throughout the year and reward, and recognize individual performance accordingly," said Mark Schmit, vice president of research at SHRM.
"Highly engaged employees can boost a company's profitability," said
Eric Mosley, CEO of Globoforce. "Our research finds that when organizations invest one percent or more of payroll into recognition programs, they experience a positive impact on both employee engagement and financial results."
How engaged are employees? The survey shows that:
- A little more than one-tenth (11 percent) of HR professionals say 81 percent to 90 percent of employees are highly engaged;
- Nearly one-fifth (18 percent) of HR professionals say 71 percent to 80 percent of employees are highly engaged;
- One-seventh (14 percent) of HR professionals say 61 percent to 70 percent of employees are highly engaged;
- Roughly one-eighth (13 percent) of HR professionals say 51 percent to 60 percent of employees are highly engaged;
- A little more than one-tenth (11 percent) of HR professionals say 41 percent to 50 percent of employees are highly engaged; and
- Roughly one-eighth (13 percent) of HR professionals say 31 percent to 40 percent of employees are highly engaged.
SHRM surveyed 815 HR professionals from its membership, employed in organizations the title of manager or above and 500 or more employees.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV