SHRM-Globoforce Survey: Corporate Culture Impacted By Employee Recognition Programs
"Employee recognition programs are especially powerful when the design allows managers and employees to report successes throughout the year and reward, and recognize individual performance accordingly," said Mark Schmit, vice president of research at SHRM.
"Highly engaged employees can boost a company's profitability," said
Eric Mosley, CEO of Globoforce. "Our research finds that when organizations invest one percent or more of payroll into recognition programs, they experience a positive impact on both employee engagement and financial results."
How engaged are employees? The survey shows that:
- A little more than one-tenth (11 percent) of HR professionals say 81 percent to 90 percent of employees are highly engaged;
- Nearly one-fifth (18 percent) of HR professionals say 71 percent to 80 percent of employees are highly engaged;
- One-seventh (14 percent) of HR professionals say 61 percent to 70 percent of employees are highly engaged;
- Roughly one-eighth (13 percent) of HR professionals say 51 percent to 60 percent of employees are highly engaged;
- A little more than one-tenth (11 percent) of HR professionals say 41 percent to 50 percent of employees are highly engaged; and
- Roughly one-eighth (13 percent) of HR professionals say 31 percent to 40 percent of employees are highly engaged.
SHRM surveyed 815 HR professionals from its membership, employed in organizations the title of manager or above and 500 or more employees.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV