SHRM-Globoforce Survey: Corporate Culture Impacted By Employee Recognition Programs
ALEXANDRIA, Va. and SOUTHBOROUGH, Mass., Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Roughly seven in 10 organizations use employee recognition programs to strengthen corporate culture according to a joint survey from Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) and Globoforce consultancy.
The survey shows that 72 percent of HR professionals say their company or organization's employee recognition program serves to help the business "instill and reinforce corporate values to its employees."
Even more—82 percent—report employee recognition programs have a positive impact on employee engagement. Another 54 percent say recognition programs help the organization retain employees.
Still, when it comes to performance reviews, only 61 percent of HR professionals say employees are rewarded according to their job performance and only 56 percent say annual performance reviews are an accurate appraisal for employees' work. A little more than half—52 percent—of HR professionals say managers and supervisors effectively acknowledge and appreciate employees' performance.Furthermore, the joint SHRM-Globoforce survey, the second of two to release in 2012, shows that:
- 50 percent of HR professionals say their company has a recognition program tied to company values;
- 27 percent of HR professionals say their company's recognition program is not tied to company values; and
- 18 percent of HR professionals report that their company has no program in place while six percent report plans to implement a recognition program in the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV