Rackspace® Hosting (NYSE: RAX), the open cloud company, today announced new features and enhanced support offerings for the Rackspace Private Cloud Software, dubbed “Alamo.” Since the OpenStack-powered Rackspace Private Cloud Software launched in August, thousands of organizations have downloaded the software from over 125 countries spanning all continents, with people from Fortune 100 companies, colleges, universities and research centers downloading the product.
“The goal of the Rackspace Private Cloud Software is to provide customers with a fast and easy way to deploy a free OpenStack-powered private cloud anywhere in the world,” Mike Aeschliman, head of engineering and product for Rackspace Private Cloud. “With the new release, we can now offer Fanatical Support to customers’ cloud software using our remote access tools. This is a huge step in our mission to enable organizations to start realizing the benefits of clouds and trust them for mission-critical workloads.”
As part of this new release, Rackspace has extended its service portfolio for Rackspace Private Cloud. The new support level, Core Software Support, now includes 24x7x365 remote access support of Rackspace Private Cloud Software stack. Rackspace is offering this new service level in addition to the Software Escalation Support that already exists. With Core Software Support, Rackspace engineers will now remotely log in to customers’ private cloud environments to provide services such as installation, configuration, patching and troubleshooting.
Some of the new features of Rackspace Private Cloud Software include:
- Block Storage: Highly scalable Block Storage turns external storage into an additional storage volume for a private cloud environment, based on OpenStack Cinder.
- Object Storage: Powered by OpenStack Swift, Object Storage allows customers to create massively scalable storage resource pools that can be used by a Rackspace Private Cloud environment for storing files as well as server images taking advantage of commodity hardware to reduce costs.
- Monitoring: Graphite and Collectd applications are included to extend the monitoring and alerting capabilities available to private cloud environments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV