The foremost line of defense against carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning is a properly functioning and well-maintained house heater and water heater, a clean heater flue or chimney clear of obstructions, and a properly ventilated home. Typically, CO exposure is most dangerous in the wintertime when homes are tightly sealed and symptoms are oftentimes unrecognized or confused with the flu or other illnesses. More information about indoor home safety and carbon monoxide can be found at www.peco.com/safety.
Now is the prime time to prepare for the impending heating season. Homeowners should get service for their home heater and add a fresh heater air filter to increase efficiency and save on operating costs.
Customers also can take advantage of nice autumn days to weatherize their home:
- Clean air vents around the house
- Install storm windows and doors
- Check and freshen weather stripping and caulking around windows and doors
- Install sealers behind electrical outlets.
For more ways to save energy and money this winter, customers can visit www.peco.com/SmartIdeas or call 1-888-5-PECO-SAVE (1-888-573-2672).Based in Philadelphia, PECO is an electric and natural gas utility subsidiary of Exelon Corporation (NYSE: EXC). PECO serves 1.6 million electric and 494,000 natural gas customers in southeastern Pennsylvania and employs about 2,400 people in the region. PECO delivered 82.1 billion cubic feet of natural gas and 38.1 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity in 2011. Founded in 1881, PECO is one of the Greater Philadelphia Region's most active corporate citizens, providing leadership, volunteer and financial support to numerous arts and culture, education, environmental, economic development and community programs and organizations. If you are a member of the media and would like to receive PECO news releases via e-mail please send your e-mail address to PECO.Communication@exeloncorp.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV