- Corporate stocks rose by 12.5 percent, from $930.2 billion in 2010 to $1.1 trillion in 2011. Corporate stocks comprised 34.6 percent of total holdings.
- Corporate bonds decreased by 0.2 percent, from $424.9 billion in 2010 to $424.0 billion in 2011. Corporate bonds comprised 14.0 percent of total holdings.
- Foreign and international securities increased by 24.0 percent, from $421.9 billion in 2010 to $523.0 billion in 2011. Foreign and international securities comprised 17.3 percent of total holdings.
- Government securities (which include U.S. Treasury) increased by 3.8 percent, from $232.0 billion in 2010 to $240.9 billion in 2011. Governmental securities comprised 8.0 percent of total holdings.
Census Bureau Reports Increase Of 13.2 Percent For State And Local Government Pension Funds In 2011
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts