More Foundations Allocating Substantial Grants That Benefit The Poor, Women And Other Underserved Communities
The three foundations that awarded the highest percentage of their giving to benefit underserved communities were The Weberg Trust, A Glimmer of Hope Foundation and The Melville Charitable Trust.
The largest social justice funders by amount were the Gates Foundation, the Ford Foundation and the W. K. Kellogg Foundation.
The Rosenberg Foundation, A Glimmer of Hope Foundation and The Melville Charitable Trust were the three largest foundations that the highest percent of grant dollars as social justice funding.
NCRP also notes that social justice philanthropy gives grantmakers maximum impact and leverage. Recent studies show that for every dollar invested in policy and civic engagement, there is a return of $115 in community benefit."The State of Giving for Underserved Communities" and "The State of Social Justice Philanthropy," written by NCRP research and policy director Niki Jagpal and research and policy associate Kevin Laskowski, are available for free on the NCRP website at www.ncrp.org. About "The Philanthropic Landscape" " The Philanthropic Landscape" ( http://www.ncrp.org/campaigns-research-policy/the-philanthropic-landscape ) is a new series of fact sheets that analyzes the most recently available data for the latest giving trends. Don't miss these and forthcoming reports from NCRP; sign up to receive Roundup ( http://www.ncrp.org/take-action/signup) in your inbox today! The National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy in Washington, D.C., is a national watchdog, research and advocacy organization that promotes philanthropy that serves the public good, is responsive to people and communities with the least wealth and opportunity, and is held accountable to the highest standards of integrity and openness. Visit www.ncrp.org . SOURCE National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV