- One in six funders allocated at least 50 percent of their grant dollars to benefit marginalized communities.
- Funding to benefit the poor doubled in terms of raw dollars and increased from 20 percent to 31 percent of total giving.
- Social justice grants as a share of total giving decreased among community foundations, operating foundations and grantmakers in the South but increased among large funders.
- Eight percent of foundations in the sample reported giving more than 25 percent of grant dollars for social justice.
More Foundations Allocating Substantial Grants That Benefit The Poor, Women And Other Underserved Communities
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.