Georgia Unemployment Rate Drops To 8.7 Percent
ATLANTA (AP) â¿¿ Georgia labor officials say the state's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate dropped to 8.7 percent in October, down from 9 percent in September
That compares to a jobless rate of 9.7 percent a year ago.
The new figures were announced early Thursday by the Georgia Department of Labor.
Georgia Labor Commissioner Mark Butler says the jobless rate declined because the state saw an increase of 36,000 new jobs.Butler said that is the largest September-to-October job increase ever. He said the job growth pushed the number of jobs in October to the highest level in any month since December 2008.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV