"We're up and running, getting back to normal," a United spokesman said in an email shortly before 11 a.m. EST. He said some but not all mainline flights were impacted. United Express flights were not impacted.
The Associated Press earlier reported that a computer outage stranded United passengers in airports across the country. Some fliers waited nearly two hours to depart.
The airline has experienced various problems as it tries to integrate United and Continental operations following a merger. Over the summer, on-time arrival rates slumped. But they rebounded in September. In October, "performance was good until Sandy," a spokesman said on Wednesday.Follow @tedreednc
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV