PHOENIX, Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON) has been selected to provide several vital aircraft subsystems for the new 737 MAX, Boeing's new family of airplanes.
The 737 MAX will come equipped with the latest Honeywell Electronic Bleed Air System (EBAS), in addition to other existing Honeywell 737 systems that will lower the cost of ownership for operators, while increasing reliability, efficiency and comfort.
The Honeywell EBAS is designed to take airflow from the airplane engines to provide cabin pressurization and environmental cabin controls, and bring warm air to the wings to mitigate potential icing. The Honeywell EBAS includes an updated Pack Flow and Temperature Controller (PFTC) which enables increased cabin climate efficiency allowing for reduced fuel consumption.EBAS: Lowering Operational Costs The 737 MAX is a new-engine variant of the Boeing 737 that extends the legacy of this highly successful airplane family. It builds on previous airplane strengths and offers advances in fuel-efficiency and environmental performance. With Honeywell's new EBAS, operators will be able to improve the performance of environmental control systems, cabin pressurization and ice protection while reducing maintenance costs and fuel burn — ultimately reducing the cost of ownership for each airplane. The new system allows operators to monitor airplane diagnostics electronically, making troubleshooting easier and maintenance less time-intensive. It also gives them more information at their fingertips. Operators can easily isolate system issues and quickly implement a solution. For operators, the new EBAS will enable significant cost savings in maintenance and reduced fuel burn over the lifetime of the airplane. It boasts higher reliability than its predecessors, thereby building on the 737's legacy of industry-leading airplane reliability. First delivery of the 737 MAX is planned for 2017. Supporting Quotes
- John Bolton, President, Air Transport and Regional, Honeywell Aerospace
- Read more about EBAS
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
- Subscribe to Honeywell's Corporate RSS feed
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV