GibbsCAM's full associativity of geometry, processes and toolpaths easily accommodates updates to Autodesk Inventor part geometry and process parameters. CNC programmers can quickly optimize parts and define the process for machining the parts, whether they have simple geometry needing only 2-axis turning or 2.5-axis milling, or complex geometry requiring the latest 5-axis machining centers, multi-task machines or Swiss-style turning centers. Once machining processes are defined in GibbsCAM, they are automatically updated when the Inventor model is revised. GibbsCAM also directly reads AutoCAD DXF and DWG files, enabling use of part geometry to program machining processes.
Autodesk University class numbers, titles and schedule for Gibbs related panel discussions and the GibbsCAM technical session are:
MA4330 - Strategies for Buying and Implementing a Computer-Aided Manufacturing System
- Panel Discussion - Bill Gibbs, panelist - Wednesday, November 28, 3:00-4:30 PMMA4333-L - Design for Manufacturability - A Look at Machining Processes - Mario Guerrero, instructor-presenter - Wednesday, November 28, 5:00-6:30 PM MA4331 - A Look into the Future of CAD/CAM - Panel Discussion - Bill Gibbs, panelist - Thursday, November 29, 1:00-2:30 PM About Gibbs and Associates and GibbsCAM For thirty years, Gibbs and Associates has been a leader in providing cutting edge CAD/CAM technology, while maintaining its signature ease-of-use and productivity. Powerfully Simple, Simply Powerful is the guiding philosophy at Gibbs. Gibbs believes in empowering the NC programmer, machinist, and manufacturing engineer, not eliminating them. Gibbs' goal is to introduce manufacturers to new technologies and new ways of working that makes their machining easier and their businesses more profitable. To achieve this goal, Gibbs creates tools that are naturally intuitive, graphically interactive, extremely visual, associative, and just plain enjoyable to use. Gibbs provides a total quality solution with the service and support that successful customers require. The current GibbsCAM product line supports 2- through 5-axis milling, turning, mill/turning, multi-task simultaneous machining and wire-EDM. GibbsCAM also provides fully integrated manufacturing modeling capabilities that include 2D, 2.5D, 3D wireframe, surface, and solid modeling. GibbsCAM is Compatible with Windows 7 and Certified for Windows Vista. GibbsCAM's data exchange capabilities are able to access the broadest range of native and industry standard CAD data formats. GibbsCAM is certified under the Autodesk Inventor Certified Program, is a Siemens Solution Partner Program-PLM for Solid Edge product, and is a SolidWorks Certified CAM Product. Gibbs and Associates distributes its products worldwide through a network of international Resellers.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts