Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE:A) today announced shipment of EMPro 2012, its 3-D electromagnetic simulation software.
EMPro 2012 allows designers to more easily create 3-D models and analyze the electrical performance of packages, connectors, antennas, and other RF and high-speed components. It delivers a number of critical features for new and existing EMPro users, including:
- Enhanced integration between EMPro and Advanced Design System, enabling users to save EMPro projects as ADS libraries; availability of 3-D models in ADS as schematic and layout views; and availability of parameters created in EMPro in ADS for EM sweep/optimization. Additionally, changes made in EMPro now dynamically update in ADS.
- A low-frequency analysis algorithm that enables stable, accurate results down to very low frequencies (below100 MHz, including at DC). The algorithm also provides accurate DC results for use in higher-frequency circuit simulations.
- Faster Finite Element Method (FEM) simulations (1.4X compared with EMPro 2011) stemming from technology advancements that increase the robustness and speed (two to three times faster) of the FEM mesher.
Currently supported Agilent customers interested in the EMPro 2012 technologies, applications and capabilities should contact their local applications engineer or field sales person for more information.
AvailabilityEMPro 2012 is now available for download at www.agilent.com/find/eesof-empro-downloads-and-trials. Application examples covering a wide range of topics, including packaging, antennas, RF PCBs, RF modules, connectors and radar applications can be downloaded at edocs.soco.agilent.com/display/eesofapps/EM+Applications. More information on EMPro 2012 is available at www.agilent.com/find/eesof-empro. An image of the software release is available at www.agilent.com/find/EMPro2012_images. Visit the Agilent YouTube network at www.youtube.com/AgilentTM to see latest products and applications videos in electronic design and measurement. About Agilent EEsof EDA Software Agilent EEsof EDA is the leading supplier of electronic design automation software for microwave, RF, high-frequency, high-speed digital, RF system, electronic system level, circuit, 3-D electromagnetic, physical design and device-modeling applications. More information is available at www.agilent.com/find/eesof. About Agilent Technologies Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE: A) is the world’s premier measurement company and a technology leader in chemical analysis, life sciences, diagnostics, electronics and communications. The company’s 20,000 employees serve customers in more than 100 countries. Agilent had net revenues of $6.6 billion in fiscal 2011. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com. NOTE TO EDITORS: Further technology, corporate citizenship and executive news is available at www.agilent.com/go/news.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts