Ore. Employment Numbers Remain Sluggish
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) â¿¿ More indications emerged in October that Oregon's sluggish economic recovery has slowed.
The state Employment Department said Wednesday that payroll employment for the month dropped by an estimated 2,400 jobs on a seasonally adjusted basis. The losses were evenly divided between public and private employment.
The department said the unemployment rate for the month was 8.6 percent, statistically unchanged from the previous month, at 8.7 percent.
The department also said that job losses reported in September turned out to be only a tenth as great as initially estimated. It said revised figures from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics showed a loss of 800 rather than 7,900.Year-over-year figures as of October show nonfarm payroll employment up by a little more than 15,000 â¿¿ slightly less than 1 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV