PLCB Recognizes November 15 As Beaujolais Nouveau Day With Events In Philadelphia, Pittsburgh And Hershey
HARRISBURG, Pa., Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- With the release of the 2012 Beaujolais Nouveau vintage, the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board today announced events to celebrate the first taste of the Beaujolais harvest.
The wine, made from the harvest of Gamay grapes in France's Beaujolais region, is notably the most popular vin de primeur, fermented for just a few weeks before being released for sale on the third Thursday of November. Each year, the grapes are harvested by hand, with no barrel aging, allowing the young wine to retain much of its light, fruity flavor making it a perfect pairing to popular holiday foods.
As a result of the work of famed negociant Georges Duboeuf, the release of Nouveau has become a world-wide phenomenon with a race to get the first bottles to markets around the globe. More than 60 million bottles will be distributed worldwide.
Events across Pennsylvania on Nov. 15 will celebrate the annual harvest and members of the public, 21 and older, are invited to attend complimentary tastings at:
- Vintage Restaurant, 129 South 13 th St., Philadelphia, 19107; 5:30-7 p.m.;
- The Hotel Hershey, 100 Hotel Road, Hershey, 17033; 5:30-7 p.m.; and
- Six Penn Kitchen, 146 Sixth St., Pittsburgh, 15222; 8-10 p.m.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV