Currency Income From International Visitors In Mexico Increased By 10.3 Percent During September
MEXICO CITY, Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Mexico Ministry of Tourism reports that during the month of September, currency income from international visitors exceeded 748 million dollars, a figure 10.3 percent higher than during the same period last year, which registered revenue of 678 million dollars.
During September, the flow of tourists that stayed overnight in Mexico registered an increase of 6.2 percent, compared to the same month last year.
According to information from the Bank of Mexico, cumulative foreign exchange earnings from international visitors during the period from January to September exhibit growth of 6.2 percent over the same period in 2011.Through the month of September, tourism with visitors staying overnight in Mexico reported an increase of 3.1 percent, compared to the same period the prior year. In terms of average expenditure, all areas registered a cumulative increase. For example, international visitors increased average spending by 6.8 percent, and international tourism 8.0 percent. Tourism with visitors staying overnight in the country showed an increase in average spending through the month of September of 3.7 percent, while spending of overnight tourists to border areas increased by 8.1 percent, and spending of daytime tourists to border areas increased by 4.7 percent.
For more information, please contact: Jennifer RisiOgilvy Public Relations Jennifer.Risi@ogilvy.com or +1-646-240-6297
SOURCE Mexico Tourism Board
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV