PARK RIDGE, N.J., Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hertz Corporation ( NYSE: HTZ) today announced the expansion of its car sharing program, Hertz On Demand, in San Antonio with the introduction of a Nissan Leaf electric vehicle and the addition of seven parking locations throughout downtown San Antonio.
"We've enjoyed a successful partnership with the City of San Antonio, seeing membership and usage continue to grow each month, and we're pleased to expand Hertz On Demand to make it even more convenient and accessible to residents, visitors and workers throughout the city," commented Mark P. Frissora, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Hertz. "Hertz is bringing the future of mobility to city residents with the addition of the Nissan Leaf Electric Vehicle while expanding our overall fleet to more than 20 vehicles and tripling the number of car sharing locations, allowing members to easily select the car they want and go."
Since the program's launch in San Antonio in March 2012, the program has exceeded the expectations for both the City and Hertz. The addition of the Nissan Leaf makes San Antonio the second city in Texas to have an electric vehicle as part of its car share program.The Hertz On Demand pay-as-you-go service, with no annual fees, provides members with 24/7 access to vehicles strategically located throughout the city's downtown area. Hertz On Demand offers members a range of cars – from an electric vehicle to compacts, sedans and SUVs – available both in parking lots and on on-street parking spots. Hertz On Demand provides an economical, convenient and socially conscious alternative to car ownership. It has approximately 150,000 members, is available in six countries and on approximately 50 university campuses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV