NEW YORK -- Passengers in several cities said a massive computer outage has stranded United Airlines (UAL) passengers at airports across the country.
This is at least the third major computer outage for the Chicago-based airline since June.
Passengers are being told by pilots and airport agents that computers are down and they don't know when the system will come back, passengers told The Associated Press. Some fliers have been waiting nearly two hours to depart.
A spokesman for United Continental Holdings did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV