- Bank of Hawaii (BOH - Get Report) pays a quarterly dividend of 45 cents a share, for a dividend yield of 4.28%, based on Wednesday's closing price of $42.04. With $81 million in dividends and buybacks of $85 million expected for 2012, Siegenthaler expects the company to pay out 100% of its earnings in 2012. The analyst expects the dividend to remain unchanged next year, with buybacks declining to $68 million, for a combined payout ratio of 97% in 2013.
- Fulton Financial (FULT - Get Report) of Lancaster, Pa., pays a quarterly dividend of eight cents a share, for a dividend yield of 3.46%, based on Wednesday's closing price of $9.26. Siegenthaler expects the company's total payout ratio for 2012 to be 66%, including $60 million in dividends and $44 million in buybacks. The analyst expects the company to raise its quarterly dividend slightly next year, with total dividends of $62 million and buybacks rising to $77 million, for a total payout ratio of 90%.
- Valley National Bancorp (VLY - Get Report) of Wayne N.J., pays a quarterly dividend of 16 cents, for a yield of 7.34%, based on Wednesday's closing price of $8.72. Siegenthaler estimates the company's 2012 total payout ratio will be 85%, with $126 million in dividends and no buybacks The analyst expects the payout to remain the same in 2013, again with no buybacks, but that the payout ratio will climb to 92% as earnings decline slightly.
3 Regional Bank Stocks Ready for a Dividend Boost
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.