LA JOLLA, California, November 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Shire plc (LSE: SHP, NASDAQ: SHPG), announces that Jeff Jonas M.D. has been appointed President of Shire's Regenerative Medicine (RM) business, effective November 15, 2012. Jeff will report to Shire Chief Executive, Angus Russell, and will join the Shire Leadership Team.
After a varied career in research & development, commercial and entrepreneurial business roles, Jeff joined Shire in July 2008 as leader of the Specialty Pharmaceuticals (SP) Research & Development (R&D) team.
Jeff has been closely involved with the RM business since Shire acquired it as Advanced BioHealing in June 2011. In addition to his role as head of the SP R&D team, Jeff has been leading the RM R&D team and has been a member of the RM leadership team. Jeff will lead the newly established RM team to take the business to its next stage of growth.Jeff's role as head of the SP R&D team will be filled by Arnaud Partiot M.D. Arnaud is a qualified psychiatrist and has been a senior member of the Shire SP team in various clinical research & development, medical affairs and commercial roles since joining Shire in 2004. Kevin Rakin, who led Advanced BioHealing Inc. since 2007 and during its integration into Shire, is stepping down from his position as Regenerative Medicine President and from the Shire Leadership Team to pursue new career interests. Kevin will be available to provide transitional support through 28 December 2012. Says Shire Chief Executive, Angus Russell: "We are pleased with the progress we are making in transforming our Regenerative Medicine business. Jeff's insight and experience will enable us to build on this as we shape this business for future growth. We have great ambition for this business and we're committed to seeing those ambitions realised."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV