PARIS, Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) -- DELL STORAGE FORUM -- CommVault today announced its CommVault® Simpana® 9 software will ship with the new Dell PowerVault DL2300 appliance to deliver new levels of integrated, scalable and simplified data protection to safeguard information for medium-to-large, distributed organizations.
The PowerVault DL2300 is the fourth generation of Dell's PowerVault disk-based data protection appliances designed to help IT departments manage massive data growth, improve resource efficiency and reduce storage consumption to achieve service level agreements, business objectives and compliance requirements.
Enterprise-wide Data Protection Deployed in MinutesThe PowerVault DL2300 combines Dell's cutting-edge Dell PowerEdge 12th generation servers with Simpana modern data protection software to offer large enterprises integrated data backup, recovery, replication, archiving, deduplication, search and analytics for both physical and virtual servers. Simpana 9 software is pre-configured and pre-tested on the PowerVault DL2300, so large enterprises can quickly transition from setup to scale-out data protection in less than an hour. Customers can unify data protection and long-term retention with key innovations including:
- Scalable, best-in-class data protection: The PowerVault DL2300 offers up to 192 TB of deduplication storage, which is twice the capacity of previous-generation PowerVault appliances. The new appliance incorporates latest-generation processor and memory capabilities to optimize deduplication database configurations for higher backup performance. These innovations now allow large enterprises to easily and economically protect large scale modern data centers that span both on-premise and cloud-based deployments. Distributed enterprises can simplify and speed up operations by replacing tape backup and error-prone, manual processes with disk storage managed from a centralized location.
- Slashing time and cost with automated management: The PowerVault DL2300 powered by CommVault can cut administrative time and overhead with built-in, policy-based automation for multiple data and information management processes. From a single console, users can easily manage hardware snapshots for Dell Compellent, EqualLogic and PowerVault MD storage arrays to speed backup and recovery while scaling to protect thousands of virtual machines across the enterprise. Embedded source-and target deduplication can cut backup and archive storage needs in half while reducing network traffic by up to 90 percent. Customers can also lower primary storage requirements and costs by using CommVault's integrated archive to move, index and retain email, file and NAS data.
- Centralize corporate desktop and laptop backup and deliver self-service, mobile access: Administrators can extend protection to client systems at the edge and provide secure self-service access for a mobile workforce using supported iOS, Android and Blackberry devices. Integrated content indexing provides intuitive, comprehensive search for enterprise wide eDiscovery needs.
- The Dell PowerVault DL2300 Appliance powered by CommVault is available immediately in two configurations: a value edition targeted for remote offices and an enterprise edition well suited for data centers and medium-to-large enterprise environments.
- Both configurations include CommVault Simpana 9 software's capacity-based licensing for backup and archiving, which enables customers to protect servers and applications based on the amount of data under protection.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV