BURLINGTON, Vt., Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Burton Snowboards and Mountain Dew today announce the arrival of the new 2013 Green Mountain Project outerwear collection, which utilizes sustainable fabric made from recycled plastic bottles, now available in stores worldwide.
The new collection marks the next phase of the Burton x Mountain Dew partnership introduced last year, built on the shared focus of improving sustainability in apparel and outerwear. For 2013, this vision expands with the launch of the GMP outerwear collection, which includes three stylish and eco-friendly jackets and two pants for men, and two jackets and one pant for women, all featuring fabric created from the pellets of recycled bottles. In addition, the collection also implements recycled and natural blended materials that have a lower impact on the environment whenever possible, such as GMP Hemp Fortex, 3M™ Thinsulate™ insulation with recycled fibers, DRYRIDE EcoNanoshell™ 2L Fabric and 3-Layer Hemp Ripstop Fabric and recycled taffeta and mesh linings.
"Thanks to Mountain Dew, every outerwear jacket and pant in the new 2013 Green Mountain Project collection is made with fabric that was once a plastic bottle," said Greg Dacyshyn, Chief Creative Officer, Burton. "Our recycled fabric performs well on snow, has a great hand-feel and is super adaptable to prints, so it meets our high-quality standards for outerwear while helping reduce our impact, which is a big focus for us."In true Burton style, the eco-influence of the new GMP collection does not compromise the brand's legacy for design and tech. For men:
- GMP 2L Kohlman Snowboard Jacket features a trench cut and tailored silhouette and boasts mapped lining combined with platinum insulation for true climate control.
- Complementing the jacket is the GMP 2L Fireside Snowboard Pant, which features massive ventilation in a premium shell for optimum warmth and breathability, while maintaining a traditional men's mid-fit with stylish flairs such as anti-scruff cuffs.
- Style meets function with a boyfriend fit in the new GMP Women's Eleanor Snowboard Jacket, which is backed by incredible waterproofing and warmth.
- Another key style is the GMP Women's Basis Snowboard Pant that features a light shell and a classic cargo design that compliments any jacket in the Burton line.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV