With those caveats in mind, Perceptive Advisors was the largest buyer of Sarepta in the third quarter, adding 1.4 million shares. Wellington Management also bought 1 million shares.
BlackRock was a notable (perhaps regretful) Sarepta seller, shedding 8.5 million shares across two different entities, according to Whale Wisdom.
For Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA), three new buyers of note during the third quarter, which began right before the approval of the company's weight-loss pill Belviq: Deerfield Management (7.8 million shares), Capital World Investors (5 million shares) and QVT Financial (2.7 million shares)
Blackrock sold 9.9 million Arena shares during the third quarter. There was also significant net-selling options activity in Arena from Susequehanna International, Barclays, Group One Trading and Citigroup, according to Whale Wisdom.Spectrum Pharmaceuticals (SPPI) lost Tang Capital as a major shareholder in the third quarter. The San Diego-based hedge fund sold 4 million Spectrum shares, retaining 1.5 million shares. -- Reported by Adam Feuerstein in Boston. Follow @AdamFeuerstein
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV