Jan Fields, who has been with the fast food chain for more than 35 years and is credited with bringing healthy options such as apple slices and smaller portions of French fries, will be replaced by McDonald's global chief restaurant officer on Dec. 1.
"When I started on fries as a crew member, I had no idea where that job would lead," Fields said in a statement. "McDonald's has shaped me as much as I'd like to believe I had a role in shaping it."
CEO Don Thompson said the new head of U.S. operations, Jeff Stratton, has overseen 34,000 restaurants globally and that he was confident Stratton would bring innovation to the company.It was unclear immediately as to why McDonald's would be replacing Fields with Stratton but it comes after the company last week posted a 1.8% same-store sales decline for October, the first time in nine years that McDonald's posted a drop in monthly comparable sales. -- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV