MADRID, Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP NEWSBYTE — SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced it has enhanced its preferred strategic collaboration with VMware to help customers gain value from key transformational technologies by supporting VMware vSphere® 5.1 for test and development use on the SAP HANA® platform. The announcement was made at SAPPHIRE® NOW + SAP® TechEd, being held as a co-located event in Madrid from November 13-16.
SAP and VMware are bringing a new deployment architecture for SAP HANA to customers. By deploying SAP HANA on VMware vSphere, customers can use a datacenter platform that can offer agility, cost savings, and easy provisioning. Customers will have the ability to provision instances of SAP HANA in virtual machines faster, as well as use advanced datacenter capabilities of VMware vSphere, such as Dynamic Resource Scheduling and vSphere vMotion®. This also enables SAP HANA to operate on a VMware deployment architecture that is commonly found in SAP customer datacenters.
Additionally, other validated and certified SAP technology partners are expected to offer virtualized SAP HANA appliances for test and development."The software defined datacenter, delivered by the VMware vCloud® Suite, can empower organizations to achieve greater agility and flexibility while simplifying their IT operations," said Parag Patel, vice president, Global Strategic Alliances, VMware. "SAP support for VMware vSphere® 5.1 on SAP HANA can give customers the confidence they need to be successful in virtualizing their tier-one business-critical applications." With SAP's formal support of virtual SAP HANA on VMware vSphere, customers can provision and deploy instances of SAP HANA "on demand," improve their total cost of ownership, simplify management of their SAP HANA environment and gain the agility and operational benefits of VMware vSphere.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV