BETHESDA, Md., Nov. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) President, Chief Operating Officer (COO) and Executive Vice President (EVP) Marillyn Hewson offered her perspective on the importance of talent development and the value of diversity at the company's Ninth Annual Women's Leadership Forum on November 8. The professional development event, hosted at the Bethesda-based Lockheed Martin Center for Leadership Excellence, was attended by 350 of the company's female leaders from every business area and corporate headquarters.
"It's a great time right now for us to come together because there are a lot of women who are moving into increasingly prominent positions in our industry as a whole," said Hewson. "It's no surprise to me that we're seeing more and more women leaders moving into senior roles. It's not a surprise to me because these women have worked very hard. They have competed, and they have gotten results, proven results."
Hewson's full remarks are available at: http://www.lockheedmartin.com/us/news/speeches/110812-hewson.htmlHeadquartered in Bethesda, Md., Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 120,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services. The corporation's net sales for 2011 were $46.5 billion. www.lockheedmartin.com SOURCE Lockheed Martin
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV